Thursday, December 18, 2008

Racism and Gender

The other day in College Lit we had a discussion about the first time you were aware of your race or gender. As we were discussing I couldn't really think of a time where I felt somewhat out of place, or noticed my gender or race. But the stories that everyone else was telling made me think about it harder.
There are so many people in this world, in all different shapes, colors, and gender. That is why it is so hard to live in this world, because so many people are judging everyone. That is why I believe that most people feel weird about their gender or race sometimes.
When people judge, or shun out people because of race or gender, it makes it worse for everyone else. If people just got along, and didn't disclude people because of these things, no one would feel weird about themselves.

1 comment:

Natalie H said...

It is so true that everyone judges eachother and it sucks. Your blog reminds me of when she talks about the paper bags. Haha, if only everyone could get along :)

Have a good day!