Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cool Writing

When Mr. Kunkle introduced us to the cool writing project that he wanted us to do I was kind of nervous about it. I just don't usually enjoy doing projects that need to be presented in front of the class. Also I was really confused about what piece of literature I was going to use.

As I started thinking about what song I was going to use, I realized that there are a lot of songs I can relate to with something that has happened in my life, or with my emotions. I believe songs and music are really important in people's lives. Without any kind of melody or tune, life would be dull.

I had chosen a song by Kelly Clarkson, and it basically talked about true events that actually happened in my life. Those moments in my life were not very enjoyable. When I hear a song that has that kind of emotion attached to it, it brings me back to the days when it happened.

That is the weird thing about music, it reminds you of a lot of things. Sometimes it's happy, and sometimes it's sad. One thing is for sure, music will never die, and people will keep relating songs to memories.

4 comments:

Mr. Kunkle said...

I think you get at one of the key functions of music, Alyssa. I had a professor who referred to it as "rememory": the ability of music to take you back to a certain place and time in your life.

I liked your presentation, Alyssa. I'd never heard that song before, and I liked how you were able to make clear connections to your own life.

Nicole said...

I know exactly what you mean lyss, makes so much sense, and we're exactly alike..lol obviously.

good job, love that song!

Hannah T said...

I completely agree with what your saying. Sometimes it's really weird that a song can fit so perfectly to what's going on in my life. I can probably pick a song for everything that has happened, and it helps me get through things.

Jenny O said...

I think of music in the same way as you do Alyssa with the emotional attatchment to music. It was a good song to pick. Nice job :)