Wednesday, November 26, 2008

War as a Metaphor

I think that war is used more often than not. Even if the war is not involving two countries or different cultures, it can involve family members or friends. This is only the case if war is used as a metaphor.
When two family members fight, it sometimes can get pretty ugly and can rip the family apart. This could be considered war. If two friends were to fight, they could become enemies and hate each other. As you know, war usually starts and ends like this. Usually the worst kind of metaphorical war is boyfriend and girlfriend fights. Just like war, this also can end badly, with a breakup, or sometimes a restraining order!
With these kinds of wars going on, I would have to stick with my opinion and say that boyfriend and girlfriend wars are the worst. Because in my experience, family and friends are always going to be there, and love you, but boyfriends and girlfriends will come and go.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Lyssa!
I love your blog, I thought it was awesome. I also wrote about war and a lot of the same things you wrote about except the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with a restraining order...lol
So anyways I loved it and think it's very true.
Love Mo