Monday, December 8, 2008

Censorship...

The other day in College Lit we were talking about censorship. Mr. Kunkle was wondering if we have ever been censored. Or it we were ever denied materials, points of view, and ideas because of censorship.
I personally have never been censored by anyone else expcept for my parents. They sometimes have control over what I say and do. I already know that they don't allow swear words in the house, or anywhere else that I could say them, but sometimes I can't help it. Either I get really mad, or I hurt myself, and it slips out.
I really disagree with my parents on this. They think that I shouldn't be saying it because I shouldn't even know those words. What they don't know is that most of them are from what they have said before. I just wish they could understand that sometimes you just feel better after you say it.
Overall, I love my parents very much, and I know they are only trying to help. Sometimes it just feels like they are protecting me for no reason. And I should be able to speak my mind, even though sometimes it includes a few bad words here and there.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I agree with your statement of saying what you want. I believe that parents were right not to let us see or say bad things, but we are adults now and I think we know whats right. I totally understand how sometimes swear words just slip out.

Nicole said...

If you feel like saying a word that will help you get your anger out quicker, instead of bottling it up inside, then swear away! But just try to keep it down, don't make it too aparant that you're cussing every word you know! hehe

Love, ME!